Trafford Safeguarding Children Board (TSCB) Overview
The work of TSCB is part of the wider context of Children’s Trust arrangements that aim to improve the overall wellbeing of all children in Trafford. The TSCB also has strong links to the Health and Wellbeing Board, the Trafford Safeguarding Adults Board and the Safer Trafford Partnership.
The scope of TSCB falls into three broad areas of activity:
- Engaging in activities that safeguard all children and to identify and prevent maltreatment, or impairment of health or development, and ensure children are growing up in circumstances consistent with safe and effective care
- Leading and coordinating pro-active work that targets specific groups
- Leading and coordinating arrangements for responsive work to protect children who are suffering, or at risk of suffering, maltreatment
The functions of the Board are to:
- develop policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in Trafford
- communicate the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, raising awareness of how this can best be done
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done to safeguard children in Trafford and to promote the welfare of children and advise on ways to improve practice
- participate in the strategic planning of services for children in Trafford
- undertake reviews of serious cases and oversee action plans to implement lessons learned
Earlier this year Trafford embarked on a transformation programme to align the work of the Children’s and Adults Safeguarding Boards. The transformation programme aims to bring together the strategic functions of both Boards into a single strategic Board that also encompasses the safeguarding elements of the Community Safety Partnership.
This innovative programme will result in a truly integrated approach to safeguarding that will deliver stronger partnership working, best use of resources and, most importantly, a safer Trafford.
As the transformation programme moves from planning to implementation we will ensure that our progress is shared through the website.
Plans for 2018 include a transformational training programme; an updated website and a move towards joint strategic safeguarding plans for the borough.